If you’re unable to connect to the 5GHz Wi-Fi signal and you have an Asus Router from Spirit, this guide can help you. Before proceeding here are a couple of things to check first:
- Were you able to detect/connect to any other 5 GHz Wi-Fi with your device before?
If no - some older devices are not capable of detecting/connecting to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi.
- Were you able to detect the 5 GHz on this router before?
If no - your router might have only been configured for 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi. Check with our support team to confirm.
If you answered yes to both questions, here are the steps to connect your device to the 5 GHz Wi-Fi:
- Connect to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi that your router provides and open an internet browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- On your web browser type http://192.168.1.1 in the web address window and press Enter. You will get to the ASUS login page where you can log in using the Spirit-provided router username and password. The router password can be seen either on the sticker found on the router or the Welcome email originally sent to you when the service has been installed.
- Once logged in to the router, go to the “Wireless“ tab in the “Advanced Settings” (screenshot below)
- Change the frequency to 5 GHz. (screenshot below)
- Change control channel from Auto to 48, then click “Apply”. (check screenshot below)
- Check if you can detect the 5 GHz network using your Apple Device and connect to it.
If the above steps haven't solved your issue, please raise the support case with us via any of these methods:
- Via email: if you have access to Internet via your mobile phone, email email@example.com
- Via web-form: if you have access to the Internet via your mobile phone, submit tech support ticket via our online form here.
- Via chat: if you have access to the Internet via your mobile phone, you can chat live to our support team at spirit.com.au - chat window will pop up in the bottom right corner of our website.
- Call: if you don't have any other means to access the Internet to lodge support ticket, please call 1300 007 001 and chose the technical support option to speak with us.