Please follow these steps before logging a support issue with us. Doing so may reduce the time downtime and get your services online much quicker. It will also reduce the number of steps required to troubleshoot your connection remotely or on-site.
- Step 1. Check the Spirit Network Status page for any known events that may affect your area.
- Step 2. Check your CPE (customer premises equipment), if any, as well as the NTU (Network Termination Unit), if applicable.
Looking at Spirit CPE/NTU - note which lights are on, are they static or blinking, and what colour? This will help with troubleshooting down the track. Easiest thing is to take a couple of photos, noting which lights are blinking at the time.
- Step 3. Can your LAN IT equipment reach (ping) the CPE/NTU? Check with your IT Support. Ask them to check internal network switches/routing to make sure the issue is not internal to corporate LAN.
- Step 4. Power-cycle the CPE/NTU equipment. Check if network traffic returns to normal.
- Step 5. Log the fault with Spirit at our Customer Support area using this form. Please make sure to indicate your Business customer status (vs Residential) and the account number if possible. This cuts down the steps and time spent looking up your service information and allows us to respond and resolve enquiries quicker.